Neck Pain Treatment and Prevention with Our Manhattan KS Chiropractor
Since 1996, our Manhattan chiropractic team, Dr. Sean Sorell and Dr. Scott Iversen, has helped people from all over our Kansas community receive holistic, drug-free relief from their aches and pains. Neck pain is a frequent concern among our patients at Sorell-Iversen Chiropractic, and we're proud to provide our services for managing this common condition.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
The cervical spine is a strong yet highly flexible part of your body. Stress and tension on the dozens of tissues within this area can easily lead to acute or chronic pain if left ignored for too long.
Of course, one of the most important steps toward long-lasting neck pain relief is knowing what's causing it in the first place. Our chiropractors use your personal and medical history plus diagnostic techniques to help you understand the cause of your discomfort. Here are a few leading causes and risk factors of this broad condition:
- Poor posture: neck pain caused by slouching over a phone or computer with your head forward is sometimes called "tech neck")
- Repetitive movement, especially overhead
- Advancing age: connective tissues tend to become less strong over time, and the cumulative effects of stress increase the risk of age-related conditions like osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis, spondylosis, and degenerative disc disease
- Trauma: even minor car accidents or falls can impose a high degree of stress on the cervical spine, leading to inflammation, pain, stiffness, and other symptoms related to whiplash (acceleration/deceleration injury), disc herniation, disc bulge, or acute joint lock
Additional risk factors for neck pain include simply being female, exposure to vibration forces, sitting too much, genetic predisposition (e.g., scoliosis), and even a lack of social support in the workplace.
How A Chiropractor Treats and Prevents Neck Pain
At our Manhattan chiropractic clinic, it's not just our job to make our patients feel better, we're also committed to helping our patients avoid recurring issues by addressing the root causes of their symptoms. That's why we use a variety of techniques for neck pain treatment shown to alleviate and prevent neck pain in people of all ages. These techniques include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: realigns your cervical spine, triggering the release of natural pain killers in the body
- Corrective exercises and stretches: get the most out of your adjustments with exercises to improve spinal posture, strength, and endurance
- Spinal decompression: alleviates pressure on your compressed nerves and retracts discs back into their normal alignment
- Lifestyle and nutritional guidance: learn how stress, sleep, diet, and more impacts your neck health
Is Neck Pain Affecting Your Professional and Personal Life?
Contact Sorell-Iversen Chiropractic Clinic in Manhattan, KS at (785) 776-7568 to schedule an initial neck pain consultation today. Don’t let pain control your life for another day, call us today.